Margaret (Peg) Clark has been practicing matrimonial law for over thirty years and has come to recognize the destructive influence of litigation on families, in the court process itself and its aftermath, as divorced spouses struggle to interact and to co-parent. Certified to act as an attorney for children by the NYS Appellate Division, Peg also has an active practice in the representation of children.
Peg began her training in mediation and collaboration in 2003. While she continues to litigate when required, she is a strong proponent of the collaborative approach to divorce. A beauty of the collaborative process is that parties reach a mutually-acceptable resolution of all issues, without resorting to contentious court proceedings. Collaboration minimizes conflict in marriage dissolution. It is sensitive to the needs of the parties and of children in divorcing families, through the divorce process and beyond.
- AV Preeminent-rated attorney for over 15 years by the Martindale Hubbell rating system
- Listed in Super Lawyers
- Graduate of Cornell University College of Arts and Sciences and Pace University School of Law where she was a Merit Scholar and taught Legal Methods
- Member of the Committee on Character and Fitness for the Ninth Judicial District since 2002
- Served on the Board of Directors for the New York Association for Collaborative Professionals (NYACP) for six years
- President of NYACP in 2017
Peg, with a collaborative team, provides experience and compassion in service to her clients and their families.